- About Charity
“Running helps someone”
The Osaka Marathon aims to help people develop a deeper understanding of charitable activities and encourage many of those participating in the race, including runners, supporters on the sidelines and volunteers to participate in such charity programs.
We hope to pump up the charity programs of the Osaka Marathon together with people by various forms of participation in the race, i.e. runners, supporters and cheerers, so all can enjoy this charity event.
A list of charitable organization (contents of their activities)
- ●Runners (excluding charity runners) can select a theme they wish to support from the seven charity themes.
Flagship partners（14 organizations）
- Charity Theme (Color)
- Activities by charitable organizations
- Charitable Organizations
- Organizations, etc., that are engaged in carrying out campaigns such as regional clean-up operations to beautify towns, conserving and restoring historic landscapes, supporting the creation of communities friendly to the elderly and children, offering disaster education, or providing disaster relief
- Organizations, etc., that are engaged in supporting all athletes, training junior athletes, promoting lifelong sports, improving environments such as sports facilities, or helping children develop through activities based on culture and the arts
- Organizations, etc., that are engaged in supporting water supply systems, maintaining public hygiene facilities, saving animals living near the edge of bodies of water such as seas and rivers, conducting water purification activities, reforesting, conserving environments such as satoyama (woodlands surrounding farm villages), promoting urban reforestation, or providing environmental education
- Organizations that engage in activities to help alleviate the problem of child poverty in Osaka as well as those actively involved in projects providing children with dreams and hope
- Organizations that support children and families requiring extended care due to incurable diseases by providing facilities with a support system for children suffering such diseases as well as various other support, including for children on the waiting list for nursery schools, day care and childcare for sick children, single-parent households, eradication of child abuse and job assistance for youngsters
- Organizations that engage in activities to create an environment where children can play, learn and exercise at ease
- Organizations, etc., that contribute to research into diseases for which cures are yet to be found or to the development of new medical technology
Challenge Partners（18 organizations）
- Activities by charitable organizations
- Name of charitable organization(★Newcomer) (※1)
Supporting the dreams of children in developing countries who lack learning opportunities by providing them with the best lessons
Activities to support children who lost their parents from AIDS and pave the way forward for their brighter future
To support high school students and help make their dreams come true
Telephone counseling to help people suffering pain and supporting bereaved families who lost their loved ones due to suicide
To foster bonds among people and create a society where people can be active in the local community
Working for children with cancer to help cheer them up
We deliver healthcare to medically-isolated areas.
Educating girls working as domestic servants
Delivering vaccines to developing countries and protecting children’s lives and welfare from infectious disease
Assisting unemployed youngsters in finding work
An organization empathically supporting patients suffering from cancer based in Osaka
Delivering smiles and brighter futures to hearing-impaired children
Achieving a more diverse and inclusive society that is more welcoming for LGBT people
To help unlock the future of and completely cure children with type I diabetes
Activities to improve the living environment of children in Luang Phabang in Lao
Activities to protect human rights through research and policy proposals; both at home and abroad
Providing educational opportunities as a life-long gift to children in developing countries
Supporting efforts to uphold children’s rights, strength to foster them and the ability to raise and support children
※1. Charity organizations are listed in the order of the Japanese syllabary.
（★）：New comers since 2019